Just a quick message to highlight the activities we have going on here at Gateshead Older People’s Assembly. We’re working hard to ensure Gateshead’s over 50s continue to have opportunities to stay healthy and feel connected to their local communities during this difficult time. We hope that some of the following will be of interest to you and/or those with whom you work.
· Our COVID-secure outdoor wellness classes for over 50s will remain FREE through February 2021. These classes are held at our Deckham wellness hub and take place in our lovely exercise area which is covered, heated, and nicely lit. Demand for these classes continues to grow (we counted 186 attendances last week!), so booking remains essential. Instructors’ contact details are included on the attached poster.
· For those who wish to exercise at home, we’ll be offering FREE exercise classes via Zoom from 2 November. The class schedule will be available on our website, Twitter, and Facebook pages later this week.
· We’ll soon be launching a series of socially-distanced health walks in various locations across Gateshead. If you or one of your clients would be interested in taking part, please email us at email@example.com
· Registration for our Let’s Step to It challenge opened last week, in which participants keep track of their daily steps with a view to logging a combined 500 miles (one million steps!) through November. Each person will set their own step goals and can earn points and prizes along the way. Free pedometers are available, too! Anyone interested in registering should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org A poster is attached.
· You’re invited to join our Friends of Gateshead Older People’s Assembly Facebook group. We’re currently taking part in weekly baking challenges, talking about our favourite places to enjoy a day out in Gateshead, and gearing up for the Let’s Step to It challenge. J
We’re busy surveying our beneficiaries to understand how we can best support them through the autumn and winter (or in the event of a move to a Tier 3 lockdown). If there’s anything you’d like to see us offering over 50s in the borough, please feel free to reply to this email.
I hope this email finds you safe and well. As always, if there is anything we can do to help spread the word about activities going on in your area, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Gateshead Older People’s Assembly
0191 438 1721